Last week at The Global Leadership Summit I heard about Engage, which is (from the vide0) “an online experience and guide to help you personally. Engage is like your personal spiritual coach.” From the promo text at the Summit – “A web-based church-wide people development system where spiritual formation, technology, and social media converge.” You can find more information at www.willowcreek.com/engage. Here is the promo video:
Isn’t this spiritual direction?
I will be happy to look at a product when it can be used in a local church.
Today and tomorrow I am taking part in the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit remotely hosted at Resurrection Leawood. I had not heard of this event before coming to Resurrection. I have enjoyed and found something helpful for ministry each year. It has become part of the rhythm of my year. Today, I am excited to listen to Jim Collins and Resurrection’s own, Adam Hamilton, today.
Are you at the Global Leadership Summit?
This will be the third year that I am going to be a part of The Leadership Summit at Resurrection, which is serving as one of the satellite locations.
This is a two day event that originates from Willow Creek’s central campus in the Chicago area. Resurrection will receive a live satellite feed as will multiple other locations. It is generally an encouragement and I appreciate the opportunity to receive encouragement and some good leadership principles.
I hope to tweet some of the event using the #tls09 hashtag.
Will you be attending The Leadership Summit this year? Which location?
We received information about Church of the Resurrection being a host site for The Leadership Summit 2009 on August 6 and 7. This is a live video presentation from Willow Creek that provides excellent leadership teaching.
I had not heard of this opportunity before being appointed here and have really enjoyed it each year. There is likely a site near you and I commend it as an opportunity to refresh and renew yourself as a leader.
Check out the website here.
I enjoyed the time that I was able to spend at The Leadership Summit on Thursday and Friday. Here is my top ten:
- Lead an integrated life. Be the same person in each environment in which you exist. – Bill George
- I don’t go to a church, I belong to a church. – Chuck Colson
- Failure is not an option, it is a necessity. – Craig Groeschel
- The first thing to depart when spiritual health goes down is laughter. – Gary Haugen
- To reach people that no one is reaching, we have to do things that no one else is doing. – Craig Groeschel
- Outlast the opposition to God’s dream for your life. – Bill Hybels
- It is rare for one person to bring it, but one person can kill it. – Craig Groeschel
- When something feels funky, engage. – Bill Hybels
- Stay connected, fruit happens. – John Burk
- Is it worth going to scale fast? – Wendy Kopp
I missed a few sessions so likely missed some other great stuff. What would you add to this list?
You can find more information about all of these sessions here.
Resurrection is a host site for The Leadership Summit hosted by Willow Creek and broadcast via satellite. I am excited about being at this event today and tomorrow. Will you be at one of the sites for this event?