While I just had an unannounced blog break, I am on vacation this week and will resist the urge to post anything here until at least next Monday. I hope you enjoy the quiet here at Thoughts of Resurrection.
Today is the second day that Nicole and I have had the opportunity to spend time at the 2009 Kansas State Fair. We left on Sunday afternoon and will be headed back to Kansas City tonight. It has been a great vacation with my family of origin.
I invite you to check out http://www.kansasstatefair.com/ for more information and the source of this blog post title.
Some of my favorites from the fair:
- Pronto Pups
- Commercial Building (or whatever it is called these days)
- Browsing the Midway
- Going on at least one ride with a name like “The Scrambler” or “High Roller” or the one that looks like a spider with twirly legs.
- Ye Olde Mill
- Root beer with no ice from the big barrels
What is your favorite at the fair?
At the young adult clergy booth at the Kansas West Annual Conference, participants were invited to add a post it note sharing wisdom for ministry. The responses were (in no particular order):
- Be who God created you to be. You!
- Don’t worry. Be happy. 🙂
- Have Fun!! 🙂
- BE a blessing
- Quit living in Fear!
- Be flexible
- and stubborn when necessary!
- Spend time in prayer and reading scripture daily
- Laugh a lot
- Don’t be so serious!
- Be honest
- Shake lots of hands
- Don’t be silenced or defeated in your dreams
- It’ll be alright!
- Can’t please everyone!
- Hang in there!
- Love the people. Love the Community
- take care of your OWN health!
- Take Vacation! OFTEN!
- Laugh at yourself
- Ministry is an honor & a privilege ENJOY!
- People are more important than programs!
- If you look at it in the right light, how can there be any darkness?
- Stay in The Word.
- Just love your people!
- Believe in God. Believe in the church. Believe in yourself.
- Be creative & trust what you know!
- Smile 🙂
- Forgiveness is First
- Share the Love
- Make rounds like a doctor
- Smile be happy
Some photos, thanks to Jeff Slater…
I have a habit of being connected online which at times borders on an addiction. I connect via my iPhone, desktop computer at church and laptop at home or on the road.
Not on vacation. Nicole and I are headed to Estes Park, Colorado tomorrow. From May 8 to May 19, I will not:
- Boot up my laptop.
- Use my iPhone in any way other than as a phone.
- Check my email – @gmail.com or @cor.org
I will have a blog post pre-scheduled here for May 18 and I’ll come back online May 19.
Until then, enjoy of the top posts from the last 30 days: