The excitement kicked off at Resurrection with the start of Contemporary Worship Institute on Wednesday. Here is my top 10 from yesterday
- Spent time with Bob Kirby, friend from seminary and pastor in Delaware. He is in town for Leadership Institute.
- Hearing a little bit of Paul Baloche opening the Contemporary Worship Institute
- Seeing the new signage up on the north side of the west building
- Huge tent for food set up in parking lot – looking forward to Jack Stack tomorrow night
- Excitement and energy flowing onto campus through all the guests
- Lawn care done early for the week in anticipation of guests arriving
- “Conference Parking” signage is up
- I am done with Clinical Pastoral Education clinical time for the week
- I put the final touches on my workshop.
- Had a great relaxing evening at home after a long day
I enjoyed the time that I was able to spend at The Leadership Summit on Thursday and Friday. Here is my top ten:
- Lead an integrated life. Be the same person in each environment in which you exist. – Bill George
- I don’t go to a church, I belong to a church. – Chuck Colson
- Failure is not an option, it is a necessity. – Craig Groeschel
- The first thing to depart when spiritual health goes down is laughter. – Gary Haugen
- To reach people that no one is reaching, we have to do things that no one else is doing. – Craig Groeschel
- Outlast the opposition to God’s dream for your life. – Bill Hybels
- It is rare for one person to bring it, but one person can kill it. – Craig Groeschel
- When something feels funky, engage. – Bill Hybels
- Stay connected, fruit happens. – John Burk
- Is it worth going to scale fast? – Wendy Kopp
I missed a few sessions so likely missed some other great stuff. What would you add to this list?
You can find more information about all of these sessions here.