- Slick makes me consider what we do at church.
- I am an advocate that you Take Back Your Lunch and Transform Your Day.
- Will someone be able to use this before I do? is a great question for uncluttering.
- Advice for those who don’t want to be at annual conference – Go home then!
- Value of a one trick musical pony? Not much…
- Rethinking ReThink Church has a helpful comparison for the church.
- I appreciate the design guidance at The New LifeChurch.tv.
- Good stuff at Yes. They Do Want To Learn.
- Wield Power Gracefully When Making Decisions – simple advice, powerful results
What if entrepeneurial small group leaders were asked to equip others to invite people to Christ and multiply small groups?
What if these leaders were asked to oversee the groups of small groups which they helped to initiate?
What if these groups participated in worship and discipleship together?
What if faithful and effective leaders were encouraged to organize a group of groups as a local church?
What if these new churches sought to be recognized by the United Methodist Church, instead of the denomination starting new churches?
What if it was facilitated by a live worship http://live.cor.org?
I was saddened but not particularly surprised to hear the news that GracePoint United Methodist Church would end worship this past weekend. After the formation of Grace Point Community Church, the potential viability of Grace Point UMC seemed small. I appreciate the commitment of the annual conference to north west Wichita, but I believe that the damage has been done that will last.
I do not believe that it would be healthy or helpful for the United Methodist Church to use the land and building plans of GracePoint UMC for a future church start. I believe that the land and assets should be liquidated and the money used for future new church starts, but not necessarily a direct correlation to a single future church.
I believe that the new church start that was GracePoint UMC has been and will continue to bear fruit in God’s kingdom.
It is okay that the new church start that was GracePoint UMC did not work out for the Kansas West Annual Conference or the United Methodist Church. I believe that the annual conference should be about starting more new churches, not less as a result of this scenario. They will not all become viable or develop exactly as planned. But some will and will produce fruit a hundred fold.
Other posts on GracePoint happenings:
In what ways do you agree? In what ways do you disagree?