This week, I had the opportunity to speak about digital natives to the social work team from Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics. I enjoyed it and received some good feedback. Here is the presentation:
Will you please share your thoughts, feelings or opinions about this presentation? Is it helpful and / or applicable for you?
I had a great trip to California. Dan, Jason and I ended up visiting:
- Crystal Cathedral – mainly because it was close and we had time.
- Mariners Church – Just got to see their facilities, but great stuff – technical stage and wonderful outdoor space.
- Saddleback Church – We checked out one of their venues (Tent 1) and worshiped for part of a service in their main worship center on Saturday night.
- Rock Harbor – outstanding worship, similar to what we are thinking about for Sunday morning in the Student Center.
- North Coast Church – Venue worship in a way that I had never seen before, a main street feel with vastly different worship styles next door to each other.
Here is a slideshow from a presentation prepared for the senior staff retreat today:
For more pictures check out my photostream.
This morning I made this presentation for a group of 15-20 Resurrection staff and a friend from another local church.
My hope was to raise awareness about blogging and equip others to begin blogging. You can find all of the resources that I used here.
If you were there – what did you think? Feel free to leave a comment 🙂
I have been revising and updating the Blogging 101: Introduction presentation which I will be presenting at the end of the month to interested Resurrection staff. I hope to have incorporated many of the comments from the previous post into the presentation and resource document. PDF proved to be an easier format until it is closer to completion. When complete, I will make the resource available for download.
Again, I solicit your feedback on both the presentation and follow up document: What needs to be added? What should be removed? What should be changed?
Thanks to each of the commenters on the previous post for helping to refine this presentation.
I hope to equip other Resurrection staff to blog. In a few weeks, I will be leading a set of two workshops:
- Blogging 101: Introduction – What is it? Why would I want to do it?
- Blogging 201: Getting Started – Hands on at a computer
Here is the deal, I need your help in making sure that this is the best possible presentation. I have developed the following presentation for use in the 101 course. I will use Keynote live so the transitions and formatting will be much smoother, but the main content is here.
After presentation with the staff, I hope to be able to better develop this online and as a resource for others.
In regard to this presentation:
- What needs to be added?
- What would you change?
- What might be added in a follow up document to go with the presentation?