- Big news and an opportunity to get a daily dose of Calvin at Reading the Institutes.
- A great reminder – The only thing I can control
- Summary of our Congregational Care retreat at Congregational Care at Resurrection in ’09.
- A Re-Visioning Prayer that I found to be an inspiration.
- I found this post to be a concise summary of some concepts that I have been pondering in recent months – Five ‘Ah-Ha’ Moments When it Comes to Online Community
- My dad, Mark Conard, has begun blogging at WordPress and I commend his blog to you – http://fumhutchpastor.wordpress.com/
- While I enjoy using Twitter I appreciate the perspective at The Reason Your Church Must Not Twitter.
Happy Father’s Day to my dad Mark Conard! When we are together, I am often told that we look similar and I always thank people for the compliment. He has taught me a lot about what it means to be a man, a pastor, leader, how to love, care and truly welcome everyone. From when I was little through today and into the future he continues to be an inspiration to me. Thanks for being a great dad!
- By now deviantmonk will be halfway through 30 days on 30 dollars. Read about the genesis of the idea here.
- Michael has a great top 10 list on church leadership at Some Things I’ve Learned So Far.
- Pastoral Wisdom is a gleaning of just that from conversations Will Willimon has had with retired pastors.
- What could the church learn from Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide? Read Mark Batterson’s thoughts at Aesthetics.
- Mark Conard has several great posts on General Conference goings on – Advice from General Conference 2008, One for the Thumb
- Adam Hamilton offers some Final Thoughts on General Conference and a great proposal at the end.
- Clif Guy reflects on the Arena communications plan.
I have the reflexes of a bobbing bobcat according to Sheep dash! What about you?
He also made this invitation:
This year, with exactly one month to go before “World Malaria Day 2008,” I want to invite whoever reads this to make a contribution to “Nothing But Nets.” You only have to give $10.00 to make possible one bed net, which will literally be a lifesaver for a child, a youth, or perhaps a family.
I will personally give $10.00 for “Nothing But Nets” for everyone who lets me know between now and then of their gift! (This is only valid for the first 100 people who let me know!)
Let’s change the world.