- Slick makes me consider what we do at church.
- I am an advocate that you Take Back Your Lunch and Transform Your Day.
- Will someone be able to use this before I do? is a great question for uncluttering.
- Advice for those who don’t want to be at annual conference – Go home then!
- Value of a one trick musical pony? Not much…
- Rethinking ReThink Church has a helpful comparison for the church.
- I appreciate the design guidance at The New LifeChurch.tv.
- Good stuff at Yes. They Do Want To Learn.
- Wield Power Gracefully When Making Decisions – simple advice, powerful results
Yesterday I had a good time as part of the All Staff Lunch at Resurrection. We have these about once a quarter and outside of our weekly staff chapel worship experience it is one of the only times that our entire staff of over 200 gathers together in one place. Here is a brief rundown of the agenda:
- Lunch – burgers and dog courtesy of Chris Cakes (who knew they cooked up anything other than breakfast food?!)
- Introduced 10 new staff people since our last all staff lunch in February – including Anthony James, Software / Web Developer who will add significantly to Resurrection Online’s development.
- Spiritual Retreat Center Update – Latest plans for future development
- Employee Handbook – Newly refreshed and available for all staff 🙂
- Wellness Challenge – This time around focusing on eating fruits and vegetables, sleep and exercise.
- Destination Resurrection – focus on engagement at each of our locations over the summer
- Annual Conference hosted at Resurrection – The Kansas East Annual Conference will meet for the first time at Resurrection this year.
- Multi Campus – Future developments for multiple campuses including reorganization to support additional campuses.
- Input and Dreams next 10 years of ministry at Resurrection
It is really a great time with other staff. Oh and I nearly forgot, that I was part of the “game show” featuring married or engaged couples on staff a la The Newlywed Game. A good time was had by all.
There are a plethora of restaurants not far from Resurrection. Two that are at the top of the list for me are Jimmy John’s and Chick-Fil-A. Each has a fun culture, fast service, good food, make a great place to meet someone for conversation and is master of one thing:
- Jimmy John’s = sandwiches
- Chick-Fil-A = chicken
I have found myself trending toward Jimmy John’s more frequently of recent weeks(love the #4 Turkey Tom), but still enjoy a good from Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich.
Is Jimmy John’s better than Chick-Fil-A? Discuss.