This will be the third year that I am going to be a part of The Leadership Summit at Resurrection, which is serving as one of the satellite locations.
This is a two day event that originates from Willow Creek’s central campus in the Chicago area. Resurrection will receive a live satellite feed as will multiple other locations. It is generally an encouragement and I appreciate the opportunity to receive encouragement and some good leadership principles.
I hope to tweet some of the event using the #tls09 hashtag.
Will you be attending The Leadership Summit this year? Which location?
We received information about Church of the Resurrection being a host site for The Leadership Summit 2009 on August 6 and 7. This is a live video presentation from Willow Creek that provides excellent leadership teaching.
I had not heard of this opportunity before being appointed here and have really enjoyed it each year. There is likely a site near you and I commend it as an opportunity to refresh and renew yourself as a leader.
Check out the website here.
I enjoyed the time that I was able to spend at The Leadership Summit on Thursday and Friday. Here is my top ten:
- Lead an integrated life. Be the same person in each environment in which you exist. – Bill George
- I don’t go to a church, I belong to a church. – Chuck Colson
- Failure is not an option, it is a necessity. – Craig Groeschel
- The first thing to depart when spiritual health goes down is laughter. – Gary Haugen
- To reach people that no one is reaching, we have to do things that no one else is doing. – Craig Groeschel
- Outlast the opposition to God’s dream for your life. – Bill Hybels
- It is rare for one person to bring it, but one person can kill it. – Craig Groeschel
- When something feels funky, engage. – Bill Hybels
- Stay connected, fruit happens. – John Burk
- Is it worth going to scale fast? – Wendy Kopp
I missed a few sessions so likely missed some other great stuff. What would you add to this list?
You can find more information about all of these sessions here.
Resurrection is a host site for The Leadership Summit hosted by Willow Creek and broadcast via satellite. I am excited about being at this event today and tomorrow. Will you be at one of the sites for this event?
I always hope to continue learning for my own faith journey, leadership, and to be a part of renewing the mainline church. One of the ways that this can be accomplished is through networking and learning at conferences. I personally recommend and will be presenting at Leadership Institute, but I am also considering the following possibilities for events to attend in 2008 and 2009.
- June 6, 2008 – Seed Conference
- June 8-10, 2008 – Envision: The Gospel, Politics & The Future
- June 11-13, 2008 – Arise Arts Conference
- June 26-27, 2008 – Unplugged
- August 7-8, 2008 – The Leadership Summit
- August 14-16, 2008 – Echo: Church Media Conference
- October 2-3, 2008 – Leadership Institute
- October 8-10, 2008 – Catalyst Conference
- October 20-23, 2008 – The Internet Ministry Conference
- October 24-25, 2008 – Change the World
- November 6-8, 2008 – worship in a postmodern accent…
- April 21-23, 2009 – Origins
Do you have any experience with any of these conferences? Which of these do you recommend? What other learning / leadership / conference opportunities would you suggest that are not listed here?