I have been taking part in The Global Leadership Summit from the Willow Creek Association yesterday and today. This is my fourth year in being part of this event. I have picked up some good stuff each year. I find inspiration and encouragement each year.
The only other annual big event that I have experienced that offers inspiration and encouragement is annual conference. It is inspiring and encouraging to spend time with leaders from across the area that are living their faith out as United Methodists.
What annual big events inspire and encourage you?
I always hope to continue learning for my own faith journey, leadership, and to be a part of renewing the mainline church. One of the ways that this can be accomplished is through networking and learning at conferences. I personally recommend and will be presenting at Leadership Institute, but I am also considering the following possibilities for events to attend in 2008 and 2009.
- June 6, 2008 – Seed Conference
- June 8-10, 2008 – Envision: The Gospel, Politics & The Future
- June 11-13, 2008 – Arise Arts Conference
- June 26-27, 2008 – Unplugged
- August 7-8, 2008 – The Leadership Summit
- August 14-16, 2008 – Echo: Church Media Conference
- October 2-3, 2008 – Leadership Institute
- October 8-10, 2008 – Catalyst Conference
- October 20-23, 2008 – The Internet Ministry Conference
- October 24-25, 2008 – Change the World
- November 6-8, 2008 – worship in a postmodern accent…
- April 21-23, 2009 – Origins
Do you have any experience with any of these conferences? Which of these do you recommend? What other learning / leadership / conference opportunities would you suggest that are not listed here?