As mentioned last week, I recently went on a trip to visit LifeChurch.tv with Clif Guy, Brian Slezak and Chuck Russell. Our purpose was to benchmark their internet campus. If you are interested, read my thoughts on benchmarking and also thoughts on a worship venue benchmark trip.
This series will chronicle some of my thoughts about the trip. I have been processing this trip over the past several days and there are several things that stand out. I will work to focus not on the entire picture, but instead on a few details that have kept me thinking. At the conclusion of this series, I will seek to respond to any questions that you may have about an internet campus – in particular or in general. I will respond to comments along the way and address any larger questions in separate posts.
Clif chronicled the trip in pictures…
Over the past few days, I have been on a benchmarking trip to LifeChurch.tv in Edmond, Oklahoma to listen and learn about internet campus. I have traveled, questioned, conversed and lauged with Clif Guy, Brian Slezak and Chuck Russell. We had the opportunity to meet Bobby Gruenwald and have spent time in conversation with Terry Storch and Brandon Donaldson.
It has been an excellent experience and I am still processing the trip. I am going to post more on this trip later in the week. In the meantime, Clif has captured the first day in narrative and pictures here.
I had a great trip to California. Dan, Jason and I ended up visiting:
- Crystal Cathedral – mainly because it was close and we had time.
- Mariners Church – Just got to see their facilities, but great stuff – technical stage and wonderful outdoor space.
- Saddleback Church – We checked out one of their venues (Tent 1) and worshiped for part of a service in their main worship center on Saturday night.
- Rock Harbor – outstanding worship, similar to what we are thinking about for Sunday morning in the Student Center.
- North Coast Church – Venue worship in a way that I had never seen before, a main street feel with vastly different worship styles next door to each other.
Here is a slideshow from a presentation prepared for the senior staff retreat today:
For more pictures check out my photostream.