Today is the second day that Nicole and I have had the opportunity to spend time at the 2009 Kansas State Fair. We left on Sunday afternoon and will be headed back to Kansas City tonight. It has been a great vacation with my family of origin.
I invite you to check out http://www.kansasstatefair.com/ for more information and the source of this blog post title.
Some of my favorites from the fair:
- Pronto Pups
- Commercial Building (or whatever it is called these days)
- Browsing the Midway
- Going on at least one ride with a name like “The Scrambler” or “High Roller” or the one that looks like a spider with twirly legs.
- Ye Olde Mill
- Root beer with no ice from the big barrels
What is your favorite at the fair?
Thanks to Nick K. for assistance with the video file. This is the sermon that I preached on February 25, 2009 for Ash Wednesday. Enjoy!
I have several hopes for the new year. If you want to understand them as New Year’s resolutions, I think that would be fine.
- Journey through the year in photographs with Project 365.
- Keep a one sentence diary each day in 2009.
- Be healthier on December 31, 2009 than I am today, including weighing 185 pounds on or before that date.
I am looking forward to the year. What are you planning / hoping for in 2009?