The only response I can manage right now to to a story like this in the New York Times, is deep sadness, anger and prayer.
- “A gunman … opened fire at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, one of the nation’s oldest black churches, on Wednesday evening, killing nine.
- Police arrested the suspect in Shelby, N.C., a town east of Charlotte and just north of the South Carolina state line.
- The Rev. Clementa Pinckney, the church’s pastor and a state senator, was killed, according to the minority leader of the State House of Representatives.
- The police said the other victims in the Charleston church shooting were six women and two men.
- The Charleston police chief, Greg Mullen, called the attack a hate crime.”
It is senseless…
Will you pause to pray?