I am in the process of rebooting my blog and want to share the process with you. I started with a tool that helps me succeed at anything, defined a target audience and now want to share a brain dump of some possible upcoming blog posts.
Which of these do you find interesting? Helpful? Ridiculous? Will you please share a comment with what you would like to read on this blog?
- How do I do a wedding?
- How do I do a funeral?
- What should I do if someone is going to commit suicide?
- How should I handle staffing problems?
- What was it like going from Resurrection to First UMC El Dorado?
- How have you sought to make change in the church?
- What does a facilities planning process look like for a 100 year old building?
- What value are community partnerships?
- What are sermon series’ that you have enjoyed preaching?
- How do start to turn the flywheel?
- How do you transition from fundraisers to generosity?
- How do I put together a website for our church?
- Do church bulletin boards do any good?
- How do you handle a funeral for a high-profile community member?
- What is the most critical staff role in the life of the church?
- Strategic Planning in the Small Church
- Worship Planning for 180
- Marketing Techniques for County Seat Towns
- Community Partnerships – Main Street
- How do you become active outside the walls?
- How do you speak prophetically to small town life?
- What are the effective ways to provide care for the congregation?
- What is essential in year one in a new appointment?
- How do you maintain connections with prior congregations?
- How do you build relationships with people your age?
- Word of Witness – Creating videos of life change
- Alpha – A course with the basics
- Introduction to the Bible – Introducing Love of Scripture
- How to respond to hair-brained ideas
- How to focus on the gap / what needs to change
- How to prioritize your time among committees
- Just Say Yes – Empowering People to do God’s Work
- Don’t worry about “stepping on toes”
- Parsonage and Congregation Care
- Planting grass and reviving congregations
- The Most Sacred of Tables – Communion and Fellowship Hall
- How to Bring New Life to Welcome Space
- Some People Will Never Change
- Creating a Discipleship Plan
- How to Follow Up with First Time Guests
- What are some principles for effectively managing endowment funds?
- How do you preach every week?
- How to work with cranky people
- How do you connect with other pastors in the area?
- What techniques do you have for self-care?
- How do you find someone to preach for you?
- Marketing / First Impressions / Follow Up – What’s most important?
- How to Use a Church Database Effectively
- Wishing Everyone Happy Birthday
- How to Support Community Events
4 replies on “Blog Reboot: Brain Dump of Titles (3 of 4)”
for I’d be interested in your thoughts on #49, I forget this is something some pastors do. #51 – what sources of news help a thinking pastor stay engaged and informed?
Stephanie – Thanks for your comment! I will plan to write about #49 and your addition #51 in the next couple weeks. (Right now I am trying to post just a couple days a week to keep it manageable. I hope to be able to increase frequency in the next couple months.)
Please let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts. Thanks!
As a fairly new pastor, I’d say that all of these look interesting to me. Thanks for sharing!
Andrea – Thanks! I will work on these over the months ahead. Please let me know if there are other areas or questions that would be helpful.