I have had the opportunity to engage with the Kansas Leadership Center (KLC) in the Leadership and Faith: Transforming Communities program over the past year. I wanted to share some of the learnings that I have gathered from my interactions with the KLC.
- If you can be competent in four things – you will make more progress on your leadership challenges. They are:
- Diagnose situation
- Manage self
- Energize others
- Intervene skillfully
- It is helpful to diagnose the situation more often and longer than one may think necessary.
- It would always be nice to have more information before taking action. This is not possible. You have to take action.
- Be ready to entertain more than one interpretation about any situation
- Be ready to ask – What story are people telling about me?