One month from today, I will begin serving as pastor at First United Methodist Church in El Dorado. Last week, I had the opportunity to spend time with some of the key leaders and staff from the church. I shared a document with everyone that I met outlined some of my personal priorities as well as top five objectives for the first six months and a few of the questions that I will be asking as I arrive. Here is what I shared:
Personal Priorities and Dates
- June 12 – Expecting the birth of our second child
- June 25 – Move into parsonage
- Care for self and family
Top Five – First Six Months
- Be a good guest and allow the congregation to host
- Love the people
- Learn the history and culture of the congregation
- Learn the history and culture of the community
- Help discern an appropriate vision
Questions – First Six Months
- Who are you as a congregation?
- How did the congregation get to where it is today?
- Where do challenges and opportunities exist?
- What has changed the most / least since you joined the church?
- When have you been most proud to be connected with this church?
- What means the most to you about this church?
- Why does this church matter to people?
- What do you sense God is doing right now?
- Email – email@example.com
- Mobile Phone – 913-269-3495
- Blog – andrewconard.com
- Google+ – goo.gl/FOcSW
- Twitter – twitter.com/andrewconard
- Facebook – facebook.com/andrewconard
- Skype – andrewconard