In response to one of the questions from the #dreamUMC conversation on Twitter, I shared this update.
There was a good deal of interest from this conversation. Matt and I followed up with an email conversation to put together a framework.
What is the plan?
- We will host a Twitter chat each Monday night at 8:30pm cst/9:30pm est starting on June 4th.
- We will use the hashtag #jwchat for our Twitter conversations.
- We will read and discuss Wesley’s first 8 sermons over an 8 week period, reading & discussing one sermon a week. You can find these sermons online here and here.
- Here is our reading schedule:
- Salvation by Faith (6/4)
- The Almost Christian (6/11)
- Awake, Thou That Sleepest (6/18)
- Scriptural Christianity (6/25)
- Justification by Faith (7/2)
- The Righteousness of Faith (7/9)
- The Way to the Kingdom (7/16)
- The First Fruits of the Spirit (7/23)
- Read the sermon for the week in advance.
- We will use these 3 questions to guide our discussions each Monday:
- If you were to preach this sermon in 140 characters, what would it be?
- How did you hear God speaking to you through this sermon?
- What did you discover that is most relevant to your community?
Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or plan to join us.