The second full day at the Kansas West Annual Conference gathering in Hutchinson, KS was good. Here are some highlights of the day:
- I received 4 votes in the very first clergy ballot for General Conference 2012. This was a pleasant surprise. I had not submitted a profile sheet to be considered. I wonder who voted for me, as I didn’t vote for myself… I did not receive any votes on subsequent ballots.
- I very much appreciate video reporting from various groups. The story is able to be told well and can be used again for various reasons.
- The Commission on Equitable Compensation report generated a good bit of conversation, which I found to be quite interesting. How does the annual conference best address gender inequity in clergy compensation?
- I was proud of my Dad, receiving a Certificate of Merit from the Kansas Area United Methodist Rural Fellowship at their annual banquet. Later in the afternoon, he was elected as the first clergy delegate to General Conference 2012. Congratulations!
- State of the Conference Report is one of my favorite times in Annual Conference. The Lay Leader and the Bishop tell the story of the past year and introduce new initiatives for the year ahead.
- I am very excited for the release of http://vitalsignsumc.org. This is going to be fantastic! Church metrics and sharing stories can be very good.
It is good to be at the Kansas West Annual Conference.
- Kansas West Annual Conference – Clergy Session #kswumc (andrewconard.com)
- Kansas West Annual Conference – Day 1 #ksw2011 (andrewconard.com)
One reply on “Kansas West Annual Conference – Day 2 #ksw2011”
[…] of Resurrection Skip to content HomeAbout MeResources ← Kansas West Annual Conference – Day 2 #ksw2011 May 27, 2011 · 6:00 pm ↓ Jump to […]