It was a great day yesterday. I was ordained as an elder in the Kansas West Annual Conference at the Service of Commissioning and Ordination last night at the Bicentennial Center. We had a rehearsal at lunch time and got ready to go for the evening. After the afternoon plenary session, I went out to the car to pick up my robe and some slacks to replace my jeans. Dinner was with family and the others who were being ordained and commissioned courtesy of the catering team at the Bicentennial Center. Then to get ready for the service. Photos with family, the ordination class and the bishop came next. After the processional we moved through the service. A few of the meaningful experiences from the day:
- Speaking on the phone with my sister, Kristin, from England first thing in the morning.
- Sharing the evening meal at the table with my sister-in-law, Melissa.
- A time of quiet just before the service to share a few moments with God in prayer.
- Swinging my niece, Katie, walking in early to the arena.
- Seeing the IT Director at Resurrection, Clif, livestream the service with his webcam.
- Sensing the Holy Spirit upon me while Bishop Nhiwatiwa prayed before the elders were ordained.
- Feeling the weight of hands on my head and shoulders while being ordained.
- Looking into Bishop Jones’ face as he me commanded me to “Take thou authority…”
- Having my stole placed over my head by my dad, Mark, followed by a powerful hug.
- Linking fingers with my mom, Joyce, during the final hymn.
- Sharing a conversation with my brother, Jonathan.
- Hearing words of support and encouragement from aunts and uncles.
- All the encouragement from social media from friends far and near.
- Care and support from my wife, Nicole, throughout the day.
Thanks be to God.
2 replies on “2010 #kswumc – Ordination Service”
I’m a little late to the party, but congratulations, Andrew! May God continue to bless your service to the Kingdom.
Kevin – Thank you for the congratulations!