I mowed the grass last night and it felt great. I was tired by the end, but it was well worth it. Not only were the grass blades, which had been knitting themselves together in a bit of a jungle, trimmed down to a reasonable level but my soul was watered by the experience.
- When I mow the lawn, my brain has to stay engaged in what I am doing, but not so much that it can’t wander if necessary.
- I bring some level of order out of some level of chaos.
- When I am done, I can see the results.
- There are no shortcuts – I have to push that mower across every bit of lawn.
- The physical exercise is good.
Ahh, mowing the lawn…