At the young adult clergy booth at the Kansas West Annual Conference, participants were invited to add a post it note sharing wisdom for ministry. The responses were (in no particular order):
- Be who God created you to be. You!
- Don’t worry. Be happy. 🙂
- Have Fun!! 🙂
- BE a blessing
- Quit living in Fear!
- Be flexible
- and stubborn when necessary!
- Spend time in prayer and reading scripture daily
- Laugh a lot
- Don’t be so serious!
- Be honest
- Shake lots of hands
- Don’t be silenced or defeated in your dreams
- It’ll be alright!
- Can’t please everyone!
- Hang in there!
- Love the people. Love the Community
- take care of your OWN health!
- Take Vacation! OFTEN!
- Laugh at yourself
- Ministry is an honor & a privilege ENJOY!
- People are more important than programs!
- If you look at it in the right light, how can there be any darkness?
- Stay in The Word.
- Just love your people!
- Believe in God. Believe in the church. Believe in yourself.
- Be creative & trust what you know!
- Smile 🙂
- Forgiveness is First
- Share the Love
- Make rounds like a doctor
- Smile be happy
Some photos, thanks to Jeff Slater…
2 replies on “Wisdom for Ministry”
I am gong to steal…er…borrow this idea for the young clergy booth at the VA Annual Conference! Thanks for sharing! What a great idea!
Please do. Just make sure and share the results 🙂