I was confronted by one of the assumptions that I make about life and church recently when reading the comments from my post on what to do with your hands during worship. I made the assumption that words for singing would be on a screen and you would not have to hold a hymnal. For better or worse, here are some other assumptions that I have made about life as a leader in the church.
- In worship, words can be projected.
- Church staff will all have email addresses.
- The pastor will have a direct phone line at the church.
- Broadband internet access will be available at the church and the parsonage.
- There will be some members in the congregation who will friend me on Facebook.
What do you think? What have I missed? Are these fair assumptions?