Part of the Kansas delegation from the General Conference 2008 Photo Gallery
It has been another amazingly full day. Again, I do not know how the delegates are going to have the physical stamina to make it through the rest of the conference. I am already getting worn out. Here are some thoughts from the day:
- The Vision Pathways intro video was one of the best video productions that I have seen in a long time.
- I was disappointed with the presentation for the General Conference on Finance and Administration – a lot of enthusiasm and very little substance.
- The very first young people’s address rocked. Great content and innovative presentation around the room.
- Legislative committees take a long time to organize.
- It takes a tremendous amount of energy to be a denomination.
3 replies on “Day 2 – GC2008”
Thanks for sharing your experiences at the Conference. I, too, am a Methodist and have a great love for the UMC as a lifelong member. I am currently part of a new congregation that just finished our “launch phase.” We have purchased property for our campus and hope to start construction soon. The name of our new church is CrossWinds, located in extreme north Alabama.
The goings on at the Conference are of great interest to many in our congregation and I personally welcome your efforts. Thanks.
Eduardo!!!!! (in the pic)
Glad you’re having fun. All good conferences have a little disappointment. Just glad it wasn’t the whole thing.
Janelle – Thanks. 🙂 It was a good time… I have been listening in to the live stream which has been great.