I arrived in Fort Worth today made it to the hotel and quickly hopped on the shuttle to go to the Convention Center to see what there was to see.
I forgot my camera at home, so don’t plan on any picture 😦 I was pretty bummed about that, but am getting over it. A few takeaways from todays events.
- Opening worship was a very good experience – I really felt God’s Spirit at times.
- Although moving at times, there are many changes to the flow of the opening worship service that would likely take place if it were at Resurrection.
- Rules matter.
- There was a strong theme of unity throughout all of the worship – songs, liturgy and prayers.
- It will be a long conference – I am tired today and I have not had near the preparation as a delegate nor will I be here as long as the delegates.
- God is good and at work in the denomination.
- Business sessions are more fun if you can make commentary on the goings on from the mezzanine.
6 replies on “Opening Worship – GC2008”
Especially if you have a sardonic Iconoclast sitting behind you like I was. I kind of think I am a bit like these guys. http://youtube.com/watch?v=7h15xIoVwWw
Hey my blog is at allbutlove.wordpress.com
do you have a phone on your camera? i always forget about that feature and they take fine pics for the web.
Lord, please give Andrew open ears and a ton of endurance during this conference. May your seet be soft and your faith be strong.
Bart – I do have a camera on my phone but I do not know how to get them from there to my computer. I actually found that they have some great quality pictures at the official general conference site. Thanks for the prayers. I am glad that I am just visiting and will be back in KC on Saturday…
Andrew – I’m insanely jealous. My head pastor is taking vacation next week, preventing me from getting to be in Fort Worth. Keep an eye on thing for me okay?
I fully expect you to bring me back a “I Brake for UMC General Conference Super-Delegates” t-shirt. That is all.
Come wave at me, Andrew! I’m about 5 seats away from microphone 10.