Resurrection was host for FBI SWAT training exercises last week. I watched the team go through several training scenarios and observed several characteristics of their action together that have application in ministry and the church. Some of the characteristics that were evident:
- Preparation – Before any action started, each member of the team was equipped with the necessary equipment, skills, knowledge and objective.
- Delegation – Each member of the team seemed to have a particular specific role.
- Coordination – The role of each member of the team was organized to be in harmony with the roles of each of the other team members.
- Focus – During each scenario, each team member was focused on and fully present for the task at hand.
- Deliberate action – The plan was patiently executed to allow for each part to take place in the correct sequence and with the necessary personnel.
What are other characteristics of an effective team?