Connecting with people is one of the most important roles of being a pastor. I was inspired by Valeria Maltoni with her list of 100 Ways to Connect. I selected my top 10 from the list at Conversation Agent.
- Introduce Peers
- Tell Stories
- Stay offline when you’re tired or argumentative
- Brag about your fans’ products and services
- Become the person you’d like to be
- Stay soft on people, hard on issues
- Thank often and liberally
- Adopt and credit good ideas
- Appreciate success is several years in the making
- Set a good example
What do you find to be the most effective ways of connecting with people?